History

Life Line was founded in 1907 as a home for abandoned infants and homeless children by a pastor under appointment by the Kansas Conference of the Free Methodist Church. During seventy-four years of operation, the Home served as an orphanage, adoption agency, children’s home, and finally a temporary residence for teens placed by the juvenile court. In 1981 the Home was forced to close due to deterioration and the high cost of renovation. Since it could no longer be used as a residential facility, the property in Kansas City was sold. The Board of Directors decided that we must remain true to the original mission of the founders – to serve children and youth in need. Money from the sale of the property and several large estate gifts was invested as a permanent endowment fund. Interest income from the endowment fund is used for grants to churches and other 501(c)3 organizations to supplement funding for various ministries to youth in need.
Here are some historic pictures of the Life Line Home: